Herts CC’s planning officer’s report on the proposed incinerator is now available. A copy is attached. Surprise, surprise it recommends that the incinerator goes ahead. County Councillors on The Development and Control Committee will be meeting on 20th Dec to vote on this.
Now we must concentrate on getting it called in by the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, Sajid Javid, to ensure we get a fair hearing. Our MP Charles Walker has been working to ensure this happens, but needs your support.
PLEASE WRITE NOW to Sajid Javid [details below]
Ask for it to be called in for some of the following reasons (Clarity and brevity are key. We are asking for an independent judgement).
- The proposal disregards National Planning Guidance, Herts CC, Local Waste Plan and Broxbourne Council’s Local Plan. [no need to explain this]
- There is a conflict of interest because Herts CC has a contract with Veolia and are also determining Veolia’s planning application.
- A biased and misleading report from Herts CC officers confirms fears about Herts. CC having vested interests.
- The entire region across two counties are united in objecting to the proposal. This includes Broxbourne Borough Council, Epping District Council, the Lee Valley Park Authority, The Canal and River Trust, Amwell Magna Fisheries, The Lee Valley Growers, and 6 Parish Councils [ No need to list:t Nazeing, Roydon, Stanstead St Margarets, Stanstead Abbotts, Hunsdon, Hertford Heath].
- Will damage long-term economic growth in the area of SE Herts and SW Essex.
- Will have a huge impact on our environment including Green Belt and our well being so merits an independent judgement.
Rt Hon. Sajid Javid MP
Secretary of State
Department of Communities and Local Government
2 Marsham Street London SW1P 4DY
Got 5 mins to look at the report?
The summary is on p 2-3 [section2], the conclusion is on p157 -161 [Section 23]. Some points which show bias are highlighted, you will be able to spot many more!
Please be at County Hall, Hertford 10.00am 20th December to demonstrate opposition to the incinerator.
Jan and the campaign team